Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Synopsis: Mio Fukunaga(Mao Inoue) is a 20-year-old sassy girl in Los Angeles who happens to have a heart disease. As she is told that her operation will have only 50% success rate, she accepts it bravely with one condition: to spend the summer with her older brother in Japan before the operation. Kazuki Kano (Hideaki Ito), Mio’s older brother who stayed with their father when their parents got divorced, has lived a lazy pathetic life, but is determined to make his sister have one great summer. While Mio pushes him around by demanding lots of things, Kazuki makes every effort in letting her fall in love with someone for the first time. This is a hilarious but heartwarming comedy about the reunited brother and sister who try to find the true meaning of live while they deepen their bond and improve each other as a person. They may leave you something special, too. (from AsianWiki)

Review:  So my intention when watching this drama was for Mao Inoue. Since I really enjoyed her in Hana Yori Dango, I wanted to see more of her dramas. My memory on First Kiss is kind of shaky so bear with me. From what I remember, it was an alright drama and it was quite heartwarming seeing a sibling bond becoming closer when a serious situation occurs. It's also hilarious seeing Mio interacting with her brother's friends, even though sometimes I found a character too needy and a bit annoying. This drama is amusing and is good to watch when you don't have anything to watch however, it's not really a remember-able drama. I hardly know what happened in some parts of the series, which I feel bad for not remembering. It wasn't really boring, but it's just not as special compared to other dramas that really give a special feeling amongst them. First Kiss however is quite lacking. I think they could've done a better job with the storyline. Nevertheless, I liked it.

Should you watch it?  There are better dramas out there so I wouldn't really recommend this if you're looking for something juicy awesome. However, if you just need something to watch to kill time, then I'd recommend First Kiss. Also if you enjoy watching sibling-related dramas, then give this a try!

0 comments:

Post a Comment