Friday, May 17, 2013

Synopsis: The film stars Lun-Mei Guey as Kerou, a sullen teenager who tries to act as a go-between when her shy friend Yuezhen (Shu-Hui Liang) falls in love with Zhang (Bo-Lin Chen). Kerou approaches Zhang on her friend's behalf, but the boy likes Kerou instead and doesn't want to hear about Yuezhen. As Zhang is the popular kid at school -- a swimmer with an easy way about him -- Kerou thinks she should be happy, but she's not. She is beginning to realize she has lesbian feelings for her friend Yuezhen. (from asian wiki)

Review: I honestly don't know what to say about this movie. Its really different compared to other asian films that I've watched before. I liked how this film had a meaningful message to it and showed a unique approach in the plot. The movie keeps you wondering on what's happening with the characters as it shows a mysterious feeling as the characters interact with each other. It  sort of has both an expected and unexpected ending to it. Although I felt like the film kind of dragged a bit. Overall I enjoyed the film and its the first asian film I watched that was related to lesbian relationships.

Should you watch it? Its an alright film. I think you should give it a chance though if you have the time :) The story is quite interesting.

0 comments:

Post a Comment